Thursday, August 23, 2012

Not My Normal Technology Post, But I Had To Share


On my way home tonight I saw a church billboard which asked the question:  “Are you showing God’s love?”  IMMEDIATELY the song I’ve included above came on.  PLEASE go listen to it.  It’s one of those songs I’ve heard before, but I admit, I have never really, truly listened to it’s lyrics.  It answered the question on the billboard.  I HOPE THAT MY LIFE IS PROOF OF GOD’S LOVE! 
I know my life  has not always reflected God.  There were years in my life that I knew who Jesus was.  I talked to God.  I prayed my little night time prayers and I blessed my food.  I even felt goosebumps when I felt like I was close to what God wanted me to do.  BUT I DIDN’T really reallly reeaaallly know Jesus.  I didn’t look at God as my true creator.  He was more like this big guy in the sky.  You know, that is what I’ve heard some athiest call Him.  EW!  I never ever never want to think like that ever again.
I can’t tell you the exact day I finally figured it out.  I mean, I know there are people who can tell you the exact day and hour that they actually got “saved,” and I'm one of them, but I can estimate the time where I finally figured out that Jesus is my personal savior!  I **FINALLY** decided that there were things in my life that were actually plans of the devil himself.  Did I drop all of those things cold turkey?  No.  Wish I could have!  Who doesn’t hope for peace, hope and a clean conscience!?   Even though I wasn’t able to drop them immediately, I did begin my journey of moving away from them.  Amen, Halleluia, Praise God!
I am such a sinner.  SUCH A SINNER!  We all have those gritty grimey things that clutter and cloud our mind.  I know I cringe or even get sick to my stomach thinking about some of the things I’ve done that were not Godly.   Positively though, I know, looking back, I’m not where I was 10 years ago.  I’m not where I was 5 years ago.  I’m not where I was a YEAR AGO!   AND I am not where I want to be now.  I want to be closer to God.  I want to be able to be in constant fellowship with Him.  I want to be able to LISTEN and hear what He wants me to do in all things.  I know I want a lot!  But I totally and absolutely believe that because I have Jesus as my savior, my faithful friend, my grace and my power, I can do all things THROUGH HIM!  I can continue to grow in Him and become THE PROOF OF HIS LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment