Friday, August 24, 2012

I Love Prezi, but....



Ok, years ago, I become enraged when walking pass a classroom and students were putting together boring presentations on Power Point instead of using animation tools on Keynote or Xtranormal (When it was free and G-Rated). My, how time has flown by. Most people are now hooked on Prezi and for good reason. However, I think I may have found something that will provide a great alternative.

PowToon is the brand new Do-It-Yourself animated presentation tool that supercharges your presentations and videos! It's marketed as a time and money saver for creating Presentoons that bring the WOW!-factor to product demos, business presentations, social media clips, and much more. The educational factor is what interest me. Most teachers ooh and awe at Speed Draw Cartoon Presentations, or demos put together by the folks at Creative Commons. Well now, teachers and students can create those type of presentations themselves. 

I highly recommend the tutorials before jumping in and you have to keep in mind that PowToon is in Beta form, but oh the possibilities. I'm ecstatic. I love Prezi, but.... I may turn real soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment