Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Must Be Out My Mind...What The Kids Are Doing Online

As much as I like to stay up-to-date with what the student culture is immersed in, I must admit this one slipped pass me. Now, you all know how much I enjoy integrating technology in everything I do, especially when it comes to social communication. I blog...of course, but not just for you. I blog personally also. I've gotten more into tweeting and actually socializing via Facebook among other networks. Since I've dawned upon my iPad, I truly enjoy integrating all my social networks in one application. Well, regardless of what we choose to believe, our students as young as 2nd grade are using the same social aspects online as we do, if not more. To prove it, I accidentally, by using the parental controls on my daughter's computer, found a group of young music artist that has successfully collected all the popular social media application and amalgamated them on a single website. The appalling issue is this is a group of young men who are taking the social music world by storm, regardless of their talent, or lack there of and young girls are salivating relentlessly. Because the group is so connected, 24/7 access is given to their lives and the girls are responding. Don't believe me, check out the Mindless Behavior official website.
Am I truly ready for my 10 year old to be a groupie? Ugh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment